Philly Steak Inspired Egg Scramble
with iceberg lettuce salad
Philly Steak Inspired Egg Scramble:
- Onions - 1 , sliced
- Bell peppers, green - 1 , sliced
- Roast beef or pastrami (sub other deli meat) - 12 oz , sliced
- Eggs - 8
- Grassfed butter - 1 Tbsp + 4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 1/2 Tbsp
Iceberg Lettuce Salad:
- Green onions - 2 stalks , sliced
- Garlic - 1 clove , minced
- Iceberg lettuce - 1/2 head , sliced
- Tomatoes - 1 , chopped
- Oregano, dried - 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 4 1/2 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Onions / Green peppers / Roast beef - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Green onions / Garlic / Iceberg lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make dressing - Whisk together garlic, oregano, lemon juice, and oil. Add salt and black pepper.
- Eggs - Whisk and season with some salt and pepper.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add first part of butter and cooking oil and then onions to melted butter with some salt. Saute for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly caramelized. If the pan ever looks too dry, add a splash of water.
- Next add green peppers to the skillet and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Fold in roast beef with Worcestershire sauce. Saute for another 2 to 3 minutes, remove from pan and set aside.
- Wipe pan and return to medium-heat. Add second part of butter and then pour in whisked eggs to melted butter. Lightly scramble with a spatula until eggs are cooked to your liking. Fold in roast beef and veggies.
- Toss dressing with lettuce, tomatoes, and green onions. Enjoy salad on the side!