Philly Cheesesteaks with Roast Beef & Green Peppers
with iceberg lettuce salad
Philly Cheesesteaks with Roast Beef & Green Peppers:
- Onions - 1 , sliced
- Bell peppers, green - 1 , sliced
- Roast beef or pastrami (sub other deli meat) - 12 oz , sliced
- Hoagie buns (sub hot dog buns) - 4
- Cheese, American or provolone - 6 slices
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon (opt) - 2 Tbsp
Iceberg Lettuce Salad:
- Green onions - 2 stalks , sliced
- Garlic - 1 clove , minced
- Iceberg lettuce - 1/2 head , sliced
- Tomatoes - 1 , chopped
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Yogurt, plain - 2 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Heat oven to 350F / 177C. Open up buns and place onto a sheet pan. Arrange cheese onto buns. Bake buns in the oven until cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and cooking oil and then onions to melted butter with some salt. Saute for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly caramelized. If the pan ever looks too dry, add a splash of water.
- Next add green peppers to the skillet and saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Fold in roast beef with Worcestershire sauce. Saute for another 2 to 3 minutes, remove from pan and set aside.
- Spread Dijon onto buns (if using) and then divide up filling into toasted buns. Toss dressing with lettuce, tomatoes, and green onions. Enjoy salad on the side!