Roasted Teriyaki Salmon & Brussels Sprouts
over cauliflower rice
Cauliflower Rice (for 2 dinners):
- Cauliflower - 3/4 lbs , pulsed
- Ghee - 1/2 Tbsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 3 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 1/2 tsp
- Water - 3/4 cup + 3 Tbsp
- Honey - 3 Tbsp
- Arrowroot powder - 4 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 2 1/2 tsp
Roasted Teriyaki Salmon:
- Salmon - 1 1/2 lbs
- Teriyaki sauce (homemade, ingredients listed separately) - 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup
- Cilantro - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Sesame seeds - 2 tsp
- Lemons - 1/2 , sliced into wedges
Roasted Teriyaki Brussels Sprouts:
- Brussels sprouts - 1 1/2 lbs , trimmed and halved
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Teriyaki sauce (homemade, ingredients listed separately) - 1/4 cup
- Sesame seeds - 2 tsp
- Cauliflower rice - This makes enough for 2 meals. Chop off florets. Pulse in a food processor until it reaches a rice-like consistency. Place cauliflower into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring midway through. Mix in ghee and season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Make teriyaki sauce - Mince garlic. Combine garlic, aminos, rice vinegar, first part of water, and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Mix arrowroot powder with second part of water (making sure it’s cold). Pour arrowroot mixture into saucepan and simmer until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and stir in toasted sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Salmon - Rinse and pat dry and place into a parchment-lined baking pan.
- Brussels sprouts - Trim off stems and halve or quarter (halve for smaller brussels sprouts, quarter for larger ones). (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 425F / 218C. Situate racks so brussels sprouts and salmon can both fit.
- Toss brussels sprouts with cooking oil and some salt and pepper. Spread out onto a sheet pan and roast for 20 to 25 minutes, shaking once.
- Coat salmon with first part of teriyaki sauce. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, depending on thickness of the salmon and your desired doneness (1 ½” / 3.75cm thick salmon takes about 20 minutes).
- Chop cilantro while salmon and brussels sprouts cook.
- Toss brussels sprouts with teriyaki sauce and sesame seeds fresh out of the oven.
- Sprinkle baked salmon with sesame seeds. Serve with rest of the teriyaki sauce, cilantro, lemon wedges, and brussels sprouts and cauliflower rice (save half for Wednesday’s dinner) on the side.