Provolone Melt with Roasted Red Pepper Spread
honey-mustard green beans
Provolone Melt with Roasted Red Pepper Spread:
- Squash (any variety, like zucchini or yellow squash) - 1 lb , sliced at bias
- Sandwich rolls - 4
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Roasted Red Pepper Spread (from Mon) - ~3/4 cup
- Cheese, provolone - 4 oz , sliced
- Basil, fresh - 12 leaves
Honey-Mustard Green Beans:
- Green beans - 1 lb , trimmed
- Shallots - 1/2 bulb , chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Squash / Green beans / Shallots - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cook green beans - Place green beans into a microwave-safe container. Sprinkle with some salt, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, depending on thickness of beans. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Sandwich rolls - Halve if not pre-sliced.
- Heat oven to 400F (204C) degrees.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add oil and then squash. Saute until squash is tender, ~3 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Lay out sandwich rolls on a sheet pan. Spread both sides with roasted red pepper spread. Top with squash and provolone. Bake until cheese is melted, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Whisk together shallots, oil, mustard, honey and vinegar. Toss with green beans (you can serve these warm or chilled) and season with salt and pepper.
- When sandwiches come out of the oven, top with a bit of fresh black pepper and basil leaves. Serve with green beans on the side.