Leftover Meatloaf Bolognese
cauliflower steaks / green beans
Leftover Meatloaf Bolognese:
- Onions - 1/2 , chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
- Crushed tomatoes (28 oz / 794 g can) - 1 can
- Tomato paste - 2 Tbsp
- Meatloaf (leftover from Mon) - 4 slices
Honey-Mustard Green Beans:
- Green beans - 1 lb , trimmed
- Shallots - 1/2 bulb , chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Cauliflower - 1 head , sliced into 1/2" / 1.25 cm thick "steaks"
- Oil, olive - 2 Tbsp
- Cauliflower / Green beans / Onions / Shallots / Garlic - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cook green beans - Place green beans into a microwave-safe container. Sprinkle with some salt, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, depending on thickness of beans. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Heat oven to 400F (204C) degrees.
- Place cauliflower steaks on a sheet pan lined with foil. Brush both sides of cauliflower with olive oil (the portion for the cauliflower) and season with salt and pepper. Roast, turning halfway through, until dark golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- While cauliflower roasts, heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil and then onions to heated oil. Add garlic and italian seasoning and saute until fragrant, ~1 minute. Add tomatoes (including liquid) and tomato paste and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens, 8 to 10 minutes. Crumble leftover meatloaf into sauce and simmer until meat is heated through. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Whisk together shallots, oil, mustard, honey and vinegar. Toss with green beans (you can serve these warm or chilled) and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve cauliflower steaks with bolognese served over top and green beans on the side.