Leftover Meatloaf Sandwiches
honey-mustard green beans
Meatloaf makes such great sandwiches that we couldn't resist using Monday's leftovers for just that purpose. We top these leftover meatloaf sandwiches with melty provolone and serve them with honey-mustard green beans on the side.
Leftover Meatloaf Sandwiches:
- Sandwich rolls - 4
- Meatloaf (leftover from Mon) - 4 slices
- Cheese, provolone - 4 oz , sliced
- Extra ketchup, for serving (opt) -
Honey-Mustard Green Beans:
- Green beans - 1 lb , trimmed
- Shallots - 1/2 bulb , chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Green beans / Shallots - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cook green beans - Place green beans into a microwave-safe container. Sprinkle with some salt, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, depending on thickness of beans. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Sandwich rolls - Halve if not pre-sliced.
- Heat oven to 400F (204C) degrees.
- Lay out sandwich rolls on a sheet pan. Top one half of each roll with a slice of meatloaf and provolone. Bake until warmed through and cheese is melted, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Whisk together shallots, oil, mustard, honey and vinegar. Toss with green beans (you can serve these warm or chilled) and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve sandwiches with extra ketchup for dipping if you like and with green beans on the side. Enjoy!