Leftover Meatloaf Sandwicheshoney-mustard green beans
Meatloaf makes such great sandwiches that we couldn't resist using Monday's leftovers for just that purpose. We top these leftover meatloaf sandwiches with melty provolone and serve them with honey-mustard green beans on the side.
- Sandwich rolls - 4
- Meatloaf (leftover from Mon) - 4 slices
- Cheese, provolone - 4 oz, sliced
- Extra ketchup, for serving (opt)
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Shallots - 1/2 bulb, chopped
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Green beans / Shallots - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cook green beans - Place green beans into a microwave-safe container. Sprinkle with some salt, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, depending on thickness of beans. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Sandwich rolls - Halve if not pre-sliced.
- Heat oven to 400F (204C) degrees.
- Lay out sandwich rolls on a sheet pan. Top one half of each roll with a slice of meatloaf and provolone. Bake until warmed through and cheese is melted, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Whisk together shallots, oil, mustard, honey and vinegar. Toss with green beans (you can serve these warm or chilled) and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve sandwiches with extra ketchup for dipping if you like and with green beans on the side. Enjoy!
This meal has 31 reviews
Added balsamic vinegar / dijion mustard to ketchup for dipping Loved these!!
I definitely was not a fan of the meatloaf, not because it was bad tasting, but because it basically had no taste at all. Keeping that in mind, I removed the thin ketchup-y layer from the top of the meatloaf and instead covered it in pasta sauce and provolone for the sandwiches. Nice save by me. ;)
The meatloaf was good, but the sandwiches were awesome!
Fiancé loved this! It came together so quickly with the left overs too. Yum!
My meatloaf from Monday didn't turn out great, so had to try to save it. I crumbled it and fried it in a little olive oil, and lots of BBQ sauce. Turned into sloppy joes, which were pretty good. Green beans were ok. It was super quick and easy, so that was great.
Great quick meal!!