Mushroom, Spinach and Bacon Frittata
sweet potato fries
- Shallots - 1 clove, chopped
- Mushrooms, any brown - 8 oz, sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Eggs - 8
- Bacon - 4 strips
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1/2 tsp
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Sweet potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs, sliced into fries
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Condiments - for dipping (like ketchup)
- Heat oven to 400F (204C) degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper and spread into one even layer on a dark sheet pan (for better browning). Roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until crispy. Shake once midway through.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate. Keep ~2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of fat in the pan and drain the rest. Return pan to heat.
- Add shallots and saute until softened, ~1 minute. Add mushrooms, red wine vinegar, and some salt to the hot skillet. Saute until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add spinach and saute just until spinach is wilted. Pour eggs into the skillet and crumble bacon over the top. Stir until ingredients are evenly combined. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a knife comes out cleanly.
- Slice frittata and serve with sweet potato fries and your favorite dipping sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Yummy! Didn't give myself enough time to make the sweet potato fries.0 Helpful
I'm not a fan of eggs for dinner - especially for keeping leftovers. I tend to remove the cooking oil/butter from these recipes to save on some calories. In doing so, I was able to get three 550 calorie portions from the four portion recipe. The meals are much more filling and satisfying this way (in my opinion).0 Helpful
I love a good frittata - they are cheap, easy and filling all while being, in the case of a good recipe like this, absolutely delicious!0 Helpful
Sooo good! such a simple, delicious and filling dinner. I will definitetly be making this again.0 Helpful
The eggs were hard to deal with on the bun.0 Helpful
My husband loved this, with the feta it didnt taste so "breakfasty" It was nice and simple and came together very quick!0 Helpful