Mushroom, Spinach and Bacon Frittata
sweet potato fries
Frittatas are one of our favorite weeknight meals and this one is sure to be a hit combining bacon, pan-seared mushrooms and spinach. While the oven is hot, bake sweet potato fries to serve on the side!
Mushroom, Spinach, and Bacon Frittata:
- Shallots - 1 clove , chopped
- Mushrooms, any brown - 8 oz , sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Eggs - 8
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Bacon - 4 strips
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1/2 tsp
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz
Sweet Potato Fries:
- Sweet potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs , sliced into fries
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Condiments - for dipping (like ketchup)
- Sweet potatoes / Shallots / Mushrooms - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Whisk eggs with milk and some salt and pepper.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 400F (204C) degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper and spread into one even layer on a dark sheet pan (for better browning). Roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until crispy. Shake once midway through.
- Heat an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crisp. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate. Keep ~2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of fat in the pan and drain the rest. Return pan to heat.
- Add shallots and saute until softened, ~1 minute. Add mushrooms, red wine vinegar, and some salt to the hot skillet. Saute until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add spinach and saute just until spinach is wilted. Pour eggs into the skillet and crumble bacon and feta over the top. Stir until ingredients are evenly combined. Transfer to the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a knife comes out cleanly.
- Slice frittata and serve with sweet potato fries and your favorite dipping sauce (like ketchup) on the side. Enjoy!