Mushroom and Spinach Breakfast Sandwiches
sweet potato fries
Mushroom and Spinach Breakfast Sandwiches:
- Shallots - 1 clove , chopped
- Mushrooms, any brown - 8 oz , sliced (look for pre-sliced)
- Eggs - 8
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- Butter - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1/2 tsp
- Baby spinach - 2 oz
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz
- Sandwich rolls - 4
Sweet Potato Fries:
- Sweet potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs , sliced into fries
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Condiments - for dipping (like ketchup)
- Heat oven to 425F (218C) degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper and spread into one even layer on a dark sheet pan (for better browning). Roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until crispy. Shake once midway through.
- While sweet potatoes roast, heat a non-stick frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add first part of butter and then shallots. Saute until softened, ~1 minute. Add mushrooms and a pinch of salt. Saute until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add vinegar and spinach and stir until spinach is wilted, ~2 minutes. Push mushrooms and spinach to one side of the pan (or transfer to a plate if your pan is too small) and reduce heat to low-medium.
- Add second part of butter to pan. When melted, pour in whisked eggs and scramble over low heat until cooked to your liking. Crumble feta over eggs and stir in mushrooms and spinach. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Toast sandwich rolls.
- Top rolls with egg mixture and serve with sweet potato fries and your favorite dipping sauce (like ketchup) on the side. Enjoy!