Mediterranean Baked Shrimp
lemon butter asparagus
Mediterranean Baked Shrimp:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Onions - 1/2 , diced
- Bell peppers, red - 1/2 , chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Spinach - 4 oz , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Tomatoes, diced (14 oz / 397 g) - 2 cans
Lemon Butter Asparagus:
- Asparagus - 1 lb , ends trimmed
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1/4 , zest and juice of
- Heat oven to 425 F / 218 C degrees.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add onions and bell peppers and saute until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add spinach and tomatoes (including juice) and stir to combine. Simmer until sauce thickens, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp.
- Transfer to oven and bake until shrimp are cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- While shrimp cooks, place a second skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add butter. When butter is melted, add asparagus and saute until bright green and tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with lemon juice and zest. Season with some salt and pepper and more lemon juice, to taste.
- Serve shrimp over asparagus spears and enjoy!