Mediterranean Shrimp with Feta
white bean salad with broccoli and lemon
Mediterranean Shrimp with Feta:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Onions - 1/2 , diced
- Bell peppers, red - 1/2 , chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Tomatoes, diced (14 oz / 397 g) - 2 cans
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz
Broccoli and White Bean Salad with Lemon:
- Broccoli - 10 oz , finely chopped
- Beans, cannellini or butter (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can , drained and rinsed
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Lemons - 1/4 , zest and juice of
- Heat oven to 425 F / 218 C degrees.
- Bring a sauce pan of water to boil. Salt generously and add broccoli. Cook until broccoli is tender and bright green, ~3 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. Add beans and toss with olive oil, lemon juice and zest. Season with some salt and pepper and more lemon juice, to taste.
- Meanwhile, heat a skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add onions and bell peppers and saute until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add tomatoes (including juice) and stir to combine. Simmer until sauce thickens, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp. Crumble feta over the top.
- Transfer to oven and bake until shrimp are cooked through and cheese is golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve shrimp with white beans and broccoli on the side. Enjoy!