Mediterranean Shrimp with Feta
lemon and broccoli pasta
Baking in a spicy (or not) tomato sauce yields tender, slow-cooked shrimp. We serve this Mediterranean-style dish over pasta with feta cheese on top.
Mediterranean Shrimp with Feta:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Onions - 1/2 , diced
- Bell peppers, red - 1/2 , chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/2 tsp
- Tomatoes, diced (14 oz / 397 g) - 2 cans
- Cheese, feta - 4 oz
Pasta with Broccoli and Lemon:
- Broccoli - 10 oz , finely chopped
- Pasta, any variety (we used orzo) - 4 oz
- Oil, olive - 2 tsp
- Lemons - 1/4 , zest and juice of
- Shrimp - Defrost, rinse, and pat dry.
- Broccoli / Onions / Bell peppers / Garlic - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 425 F / 218 C degrees.
- Bring a sauce pan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. About 1 minute before finishing, add in broccoli. Drain. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice and zest. Season with some salt and pepper and more lemon juice, to taste.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add onions and bell peppers and saute until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add tomatoes (including juice) and stir to combine. Simmer until sauce thickens, 4 to 5 minutes. Season with some salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in shrimp. Crumble feta over the top.
- Transfer to oven and bake until shrimp are cooked through and cheese is golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve shrimp over pasta and enjoy!