Sweet Potato and Broccoli Frittata
side salad / dried cranberries / pecans
This vegetable-filled frittata includes a combination of creamy sweet potatoes and crisp broccoli florets. The sweet, crunchy combination of dried cranberries and pecans in the side salad comes together fast.
- Onions - 1/2, chopped
- Sweet potatoes - 1 lb, 1/2" (1.25 cm) cubes
- Broccoli florets - 6 oz, chopped
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Eggs - 8
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Pecan halves - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Mixed greens - 4 oz
- Cranberries, dried - 1/4 cup
- Heat oven to 400 F / 204 C degrees.
- Spray a pie dish with cooking spray (if making more or less than 4 servings, consider making mini frittatas in a muffin pan; make 2 mini frittatas per person).
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat. Add onions and saute until soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add broccoli, sweet potatoes and garlic and saute until garlic is fragrant, ~3 minutes more. Season with some salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and salt and pepper. Beat with a whisk until smooth.
- Transfer vegetables to pie dish or muffin pan. Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake until eggs are cooked through, ~25 minutes for a full-size frittata and ~12 minutes for mini frittatas.
- While frittata is baking, make vinaigrette by whisking together vinegar, mustard and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss vinaigrette with greens, pecans and cranberries.
- Slice and serve frittata with salad on the side.
I used precooked pie crust.0 Helpful
The rice was too hard and crunchy.0 Helpful
I made a pie crust will try the rice next time. It was good just lacked something. Next time maybe had some turkey sausage or other type of meat.0 Helpful
Next time I'm going to brown the rice in the muffin tins before adding the egg mixture... try it out with a more browned crusty crust... not too bad though...0 Helpful
My husband really liked it and one of the kids did too. But I'm not a fan of the crust0 Helpful
I wasn't sure my family would like this (never made quiche before) but they really did! They loved the rice crust.0 Helpful