Green Salad with Tuna, Green Beans, and Mushroomsand warm honey mustard vinaigrette
Canned tuna makes dinner so convenient. This warm honey mustard vinaigrette perfectly coats all these healthy ingredients for a hearty entree salad.
Smarts: Tonight's dinner will be such a breeze that you'll have plenty of time to get started on tomorrow's slow cooker meal afterwards.
- Green lettuce - 1 head, chopped
- Mushrooms, any button - 1/2 lb, sliced
- Green beans - 3/4 lb, trimmed and sliced into 1" / 2.5 cm pieces
- Tuna, canned - 15 oz, drained
- Leftover roasted potatoes (from Monday) - ~1 lb
- Walnuts, crushed or halves - 2 oz
- Shallots - 1 1/2 Tbsp, chopped
- Dijon mustard - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 4 Tbsp
- Shallots / Green lettuce / Mushrooms / Green beans - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tuna - Drain.
- Green beans - Place green beans into a microwave-safe container. Sprinkle with some salt, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, depending on thickness of beans. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Leftover potatoes - If you want to enjoy them warm in your salad, warm them up in the microwave for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Make vinaigrette by mixing together shallots, Dijon, honey, and red wine vinegar (double if making Thursday’s salad too - the vinaigrettes are pretty similar). Warm up just slightly in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. Whisk in oil and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss vinaigrette with green lettuce, mushrooms, green beans, tuna, leftover potatoes, and walnuts.
- Since tonight’s dinner was so easy, go ahead and get a head start on tomorrow’s slow cooker meal!
This meal has 20 reviews
Turns out that I really dislike canned tuna.
I added a salmon cake instead of canned tuna.
Great combination of textures and flavors-- crisp green beans were delicious in the salad.
Wouldn't have thought to combine these items, so grateful for Cooksmarts!
Family was not even interested in trying this recipe with canned tuna. I instead broiled some salmon with the leftover lemon dill dressing from last week. Turned out great. The salad was nice and warm for the fall. I also sauteed the mushrooms because I don't like the texture of raw mushrooms.
This was a lot better than expected! The vinaigrette was amazing!!