Baked Mushroom Risotto
with peas / Swiss chard
- Onions - 1, diced
- Mushrooms, white or brown button (pre-sliced if available) - 10 oz, sliced
- Parsley, fresh, any variety (opt) - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Swiss chard - 1 bunch, leaves torn, stems chopped
- Cheese, parmesan (opt) - 2 oz, grated
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Rice, Arborio - 1 cup
- Broth, vegetable - 3 1/2 cups
- Peas, frozen - 1 cup
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 2 tsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Heat oven to 425F (or 218C) degrees.
- Heat an oven-safe pan with a lid over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and mushrooms and saute until golden brown, ~5 minutes. Add onions and saute until softened and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in Arborio rice and saute until rice is lightly toasted and the pan is dry. Pour in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover and bake in the oven until rice is cooked, ~20 minutes.
- While risotto is cooking, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then garlic to heated oil. Once you can smell the garlic, add chard stems and saute for ~3 minutes. Fold in peas and chard leaves. Saute until leaves are softened. Stir in vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once risotto is done, fold in peas, chard and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Top with parsley and cheese and enjoy!
Another CookSmarts win at dinner, from the grill! We added a dash of salt and some feta to the Farro Tabbouleh. Next time I'd make just a few modifications. Use lime instead of lemon for more flavor profile (in both the maranaid and Farro Tabbouleh). Add either under ripe avocado, mint or olives to the Farro Tabbouleh. The Farro Tabbouleh with additions will be a new staple in our home.0 Helpful
Delicious! Made some substitutions based on preferences/what we had in hand: red bell pepper instead of tomatoes, parsley instead of dill in the sauce. Used extra farro and added lemon juice to the tzatziki since I misread the recipe, and unfortunately my CSA cucumbers went bad so we had to leave them out, but everything was delicious anyway.0 Helpful
Loved it! Couldn't find farro so we used wheat berries that we had on hand. Worked great.0 Helpful
Very good, and was good for lunches, too! Very tasty. (Note to self: Light, so make a little more than normally would make for lunches)0 Helpful
Loved the chicken and sauce!! Next time I would buy naan bread or a better pita bread to enjoy :) Very very tasty meal!0 Helpful