Salmon with Lemon-Dill Dressing
and roasted root vegetables
For this simple dinner, salmon is topped with a fresh citrus vinaigrette. We love how versatile the roasted root vegetables side dish is, packing up great in lunches or serving as a base for other salads or sides throughout the week.
Salmon with Roasted Root Vegetables:
- Cauliflower - 1 head , florets
- Potatoes, sweet (sub butternut or acorn squash) - 1 lb , cubed
- Carrots (or a combination of carrots and parsnips) - 1 lb , chopped
- Onions, red - 1/2 , chopped
- Salmon fillets - 1 lb
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1/2 , juice of
- Dill, fresh - 2 tsp , chopped
- Lemons - 1/2 , zest and juice of
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 1/4 cup
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C degrees.
- Brush a sheet pan with some cooking oil. Spread cauliflower, sweet potatoes, carrots and red onions on the top. Cover tightly with foil and steam in the oven for 10 minutes. (Watch this video on roasting vegetables at high temps.)
- Uncover vegetables. Pour olive oil over the top and season with salt and pepper. Toss with a spatula to combine. Return to the oven and continue roasting until vegetables are tender and caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes more. In the last 8 minutes of cooking, move vegetables aside and add salmon filets to the pan. Keep an eye on the salmon towards the end of cooking and remove when easily flaked with a fork and cooked through. Squeeze lemon juice over the salmon and vegetables.
- Zest and juice lemons (just the portion for the vinaigrette). Combine with dill, mustard, vinegar and honey. Whisk while slowly adding oil.
- Serve salmon with roasted vegetables on the side and dressing over the top of both. Enjoy!