Salmon with Lemon-Dill Dressing
and roasted root vegetables
- Cauliflower - 1 head, florets
- Potatoes, sweet (sub butternut or acorn squash) - 1 lb, cubed
- Carrots (or a combination of carrots and parsnips) - 1 lb, chopped
- Onions, red - 1/2, chopped
- Salmon fillets - 1 lb
- Oil, olive - 1 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1/2, juice of
- Dill, fresh - 2 tsp, chopped
- Lemons - 1/2, zest and juice of
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 1/4 cup
- Heat oven to 500F / 260C degrees.
- Brush a sheet pan with some cooking oil. Spread cauliflower, sweet potatoes, carrots and red onions on the top. Cover tightly with foil and steam in the oven for 10 minutes. (Watch this video on roasting vegetables at high temps.)
- Uncover vegetables. Pour olive oil over the top and season with salt and pepper. Toss with a spatula to combine. Return to the oven and continue roasting until vegetables are tender and caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes more. In the last 8 minutes of cooking, move vegetables aside and add salmon filets to the pan. Keep an eye on the salmon towards the end of cooking and remove when easily flaked with a fork and cooked through. Squeeze lemon juice over the salmon and vegetables.
- Zest and juice lemons (just the portion for the vinaigrette). Combine with dill, mustard, vinegar and honey. Whisk while slowly adding oil.
- Serve salmon with roasted vegetables on the side and dressing over the top of both. Enjoy!
Love the dressing, added quinoa and lentils to bulk it.0 Helpful
Took a while but was also super easy, once all the chopping was done. Made with acorn squash, half carrots half sweet potato, cauliflower and onion. Very filling, super delicious.0 Helpful
Did prep ahead - if not would have taken WAY too long. Really tasty. Will make again.0 Helpful
Solid, healthy vegetarian meal. Used tons of salt, doubled the dressing. Yum!0 Helpful
This is a simple easy dish. Great for a hearty fall dinner or a thanksgiving side. I roasted the veggies for about 5 extra minutes (25 min total). To the dressing I added extra lemon juice & garlic. To the final dish I added freshly roasted pumpkin seeds and feta. I think next time I'd love to add cloves of roasted garlic!0 Helpful
Liked it a lot but needed much more roasting time and I would say that I can't wait to make it again but the prep for the veggies takes forever. But all in all very tasty.0 Helpful