broccolini / mushrooms / cauliflower rice
- Ginger, fresh - 1 tsp, grated
- Garlic - 1 clove, chopped
- Water - 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1/4 cup
- Honey - 2 Tbsp
- Arrowroot powder - 3 tsp
- Broccolini (sub broccoli) - 2 bunches, ends trimmed
- Mushrooms, any button - 8 oz
- Green onions - 2 stalks, chopped, green and white parts separated
- Pork, ground - 1 lb
- Egg - 1
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Teriyaki sauce (ingredients listed separately) - 1 cup
- Lemons - 1/2, juice of
- Cauliflower, small - 1 head, florets chopped
- Butter - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Cauliflower rice - Pulse florets in a food processor until broken up into ‘rice’-sized bits. Cook rice in one of two ways: 1) Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes and then fold in butter. Season with salt and pepper; or 2) Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add butter. Saute cauliflower in heated butter for ~5 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Watch this video for the full how-to on cauliflower rice. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Broccolini / Mushrooms / Ginger / Garlic / Green onions - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make meatballs - Mix the white parts of the green onions (reserve the green parts), ground pork, egg, salt and black pepper. Form into 1” / 2.5cm wide meatballs. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Heat oven to 375F / 190C degrees.
- Brush sheet pan with some oil and spread meatballs out on half the sheet pan. Toss broccolini and mushrooms in oil, season with some salt and pepper, and spread on the other half of the sheet pan. Bake until meatballs are cooked through and broccolini is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add ginger, garlic, water, aminos and honey and heat until it begins to simmer, ~3 minutes. Whisk arrowroot powder with 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of water and add to sauce. Continue cooking until sauce thickens slightly. When meatballs are cooked, stir into sauce.
- Squeeze lemon juice over mushrooms and broccolini.
- Serve teriyaki meatballs over cauliflower rice with green parts of green onions on top. Enjoy with mushrooms and broccolini on the side.
Meatballs were kind of boring, so I added some seasoning to the pork mix. They were moist and yummy with the sauce!0 Helpful
I can't get used to cauli rice so I often just make meatballs + a boatload of roasted broccoli and mushrooms. I love it, husband loves it, everybody wins!0 Helpful
used turkey, frozen broccoli0 Helpful
New fave! Was really easy too:)0 Helpful
I really liked this recipe! I revised it some: 1. Substituted ground turkey for ground pork. 2. Made and cooked meatballs the night before. 3. While cooking rice, made teriyaki sauce and added cold turkey meatballs to sauce as it came to temperature. Added chopped broccolini on top of meatballs in pan and covered with lid to cook.0 Helpful