Frittata with Potatoes, Zucchini and Red Pepper
citrus almond side salad
Citrus and Almond Side Salad:
- Shallots - 1/2 , diced
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Oranges - 2 , segments
- Mixed greens, like romaine or butter lettuce mix - 3 oz
- Almonds, sliced - 2 Tbsp
Frittata with Potatoes, Zucchini and Red Pepper:
- Onions, yellow - 1/2 , chopped
- Zucchini, medium - 2 , ribbons
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , thinly sliced
- Potatoes, russet - 1 , 1/2" (1.25 cm) cubes
- Eggs - 6
- Yogurt, plain or Greek (opt) - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Onions / Zucchini / Bell peppers - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Eggs - Beat eggs with yogurt, salt and pepper.
- Chop potato into 1/2" (1.25 cm) cubes.
- Make vinaigrette - If prepping right before cooking, skip to make steps and get frittata in the oven before coming back to this prep step. Dice shallots and whisk shallots with vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Segment oranges.
- Heat oven to 425F (218C) degrees.
- Place potatoes into a microwave-safe dish or bowl. Cover with wet paper towel and microwave on high until easily pierced with a fork, ~2 minutes.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and then onions, zucchini and bell peppers with a sprinkle of salt to melted heated butter. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add microwaved potatoes, stirring to combine. Pour eggs over top. Stir until ingredients are all mixed through and then transfer to the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until eggs are set and inserted knife comes out cleanly.
- When frittata is done, toss vinaigrette with greens, orange segments and almonds. Enjoy frittata slices with salad on the side!