Pasta Frittata with Zucchini and Red Pepper
citrus almond side salad
- Shallots - 1/2, diced
- Vinegar, red or white wine - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 1 1/2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 3 Tbsp
- Oranges - 2, segments
- Mixed greens, like romaine or butter lettuce mix - 3 oz
- Almonds, sliced - 2 Tbsp
- Pasta, any shape - 6 oz
- Onions, yellow - 1/2, chopped
- Zucchini, medium - 2, ribbons
- Bell peppers, red - 1, thinly sliced
- Eggs - 6
- Yogurt, plain or Greek (opt) - 1/4 cup
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Cook pasta - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Onions / Zucchini / Bell peppers - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Eggs - Beat eggs with yogurt, salt and pepper.
- Make vinaigrette - If prepping right before cooking, skip to make steps and get frittata in the oven before coming back to this prep step. Dice shallots and whisk shallots with vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Segment oranges.
- Heat oven to 425F (218C) degrees.
- Heat a 10.5” to 12” (26 cm to 30 cm) skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and then onions, zucchini and bell peppers with a sprinkle of salt to melted heated butter. Saute until softened, ~3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add pasta, stirring to combine (if pasta was prepared in advance, you may need to use a couple forks to gently break it apart). Pour eggs over top. Stir until ingredients are all mixed through and then transfer to the oven. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until eggs are set and inserted knife comes out cleanly.
- When frittata is done, toss vinaigrette with greens, orange segments and almonds. Enjoy frittata slices with salad on the side!
This was ok. Strange texture. Added cheese instead of yogurt. Would be nice with sausage.0 Helpful
Not memorable as far as a meal. Lacking flavor.0 Helpful
Definitely a great base for a meal but really needed more flavor. Herbs and spices for sure. Maybe meat even though I appreciated it was a veggie dish. Salad was good though.0 Helpful
Needed more flavor and maybe tomatoes and green onions on top0 Helpful
We love this frittata! It has great texture and the veggies are great together. I used andouille chicken sausage instead of chorizo.0 Helpful
Not bad. Added sour cream and Tabasco on top. If I ever made it again I'd add bacon or pancetta, an herb and some cheese.0 Helpful