Salmon with Orange-Ginger Sauce
arugula salad with bell peppers and almonds
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Lime - 1, zest and juice of
- Ginger, fresh - 1 inch, grated
- Orange juice (store-bought or fresh-squeezed) - 2 cups
- Mustard, dijon - 1 tsp
- Cumin, ground - 1/4 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Bell peppers, red - 1, thinly sliced
- Avocados - 2, chopped
- Arugula (sub chopped baby spinach or mixed greens) - 5 oz
- Almonds, sliced - 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 425F (218C) degrees.
- Heat orange juice and ginger in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and allow to continue boiling (reduce heat if it looks like it will boil over) until it reduces to a third of its original volume, ~10 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in mustard, lime juice, cumin and red pepper flakes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Line sheet pan with foil and brush with some cooking oil. Add salmon and bake for 8 to 12 minutes (note: the general rule is 8 to 12 minutes for salmon that is 1” (2.5 cm) at its thickest point, so adjust as needed).
- Toss arugula with bell peppers and almonds. Add half the sauce to salad and toss to combine. Serve salmon with the remaining sauce over the top and salad on the side. Enjoy!
Didn't love the sauce--wish I would have left out the red pepper flakes and cumin. It did reduce down to a nice thickness after about 30 minutes.0 Helpful
I doubled the red pepper flakes and cumin for more heat which I liked. Subbed a non-dairy coconut-based yogurt to make it vegan.0 Helpful
There was a lot of extra sauce. Not really sure what happened. It was also really liquidy. Maybe needed to reduce more.0 Helpful
Felt the salmon was kind of bland. Cous cous salad was amazing though.0 Helpful
Sauce is great, and easy.0 Helpful
The paleo version was delicious, namely because of the simple orange sauce recipe, and I'd make it again. Because I made the portion size for 2, it only called for 1 cup of orange juice and I did not experience the same frustration as others did with the sauce not reducing.0 Helpful