Salmon with Orange-Ginger Sauce
arugula salad with bell peppers and almonds
Salmon with Orange-Ginger Sauce:
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Lime - 1 , zest and juice of
- Ginger, fresh - 1 inch , grated
- Orange juice (store-bought or fresh-squeezed) - 2 cups
- Mustard, dijon - 1 tsp
- Cumin, ground - 1/4 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1/4 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
Arugula Salad with Bell Peppers and Almonds:
- Bell peppers, red - 1 , thinly sliced
- Avocados - 2 , chopped
- Arugula (sub chopped baby spinach or mixed greens) - 5 oz
- Almonds, sliced - 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 425F (218C) degrees.
- Heat orange juice and ginger in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and allow to continue boiling (reduce heat if it looks like it will boil over) until it reduces to a third of its original volume, ~10 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in mustard, lime juice, cumin and red pepper flakes. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Line sheet pan with foil and brush with some cooking oil. Add salmon and bake for 8 to 12 minutes (note: the general rule is 8 to 12 minutes for salmon that is 1” (2.5 cm) at its thickest point, so adjust as needed).
- Toss arugula with bell peppers and almonds. Add half the sauce to salad and toss to combine. Serve salmon with the remaining sauce over the top and salad on the side. Enjoy!