4th of July Portobello Cheeseburgers
with watermelon and potato chips
- Portobello mushrooms - 4
- Fontina cheese - 4 slices
- Burger buns - 4
- Beefsteak tomatoes - 1 to 2, for burger toppings
- Basil leaves - 1 bunch, for burger toppings
- Watermelon (small) - 1, sliced
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Potato chips - , for serving
- Brush portabellos with some cooking oil and salt and pepper. Heat up grill or grill pan over high heat. Grill mushrooms for about 6 to 8 minutes, turning once. Add cheese in the last minute or two of cooking.
- Toast buns on grill or in a 400F (204C) degree oven for about 3 to 4 minutes. Prep burger toppings and sides - tomatoes, basil, and watermelon.
- Place portabello on bottom bun. Top with tomatoes and basil leaves, and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Enjoy with slices of watermelon and potato chips!
- Enjoy with desired toppings and condiments and slices of watermelon and potato chips!
Very delicious! I made them as sliders on Hawaiian rolls. Would definitely make again! Tasted just like meatloaf!0 Helpful
Hubby and I enjoyed these yesterday - the burgers were really flavorful - I did form them into patties and put them in the fridge for a couple hours before cooking (inside in a frying pan).0 Helpful
Amazing burgers. Lots of flavor. My husband calls them mini meat loaves.0 Helpful
These were great and the watermelon on the side was a great match. We will prepare this again!0 Helpful
Make sure you really mix up the meat well... mine had salty pockets. It was so cold it hurt my hands and I was a bit lazy!0 Helpful
So flavorful and delicious! I've never made a successful burger before and this was a total home run for my two girls and husband.0 Helpful