Egg Scramble with Zucchini and Mushrooms
plus peas and basil
- Pancetta (sub bacon) - 4 oz, diced
- Garlic - 3 cloves, sliced
- Shallots - 1 bulb, sliced
- Zucchini - 1 lb, sliced
- Mushrooms, brown - 1 lb, sliced
- Basil - 2 sprigs, sliced
- Eggs - 8
- Grassfed butter - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Peas - 1 cup
- Heat a saute pan (or a wok - I’ve started to do that recently since there is more room) over medium-high heat. Add butter and cooking oil and then pancetta. Cook until pancetta is brown, ~4 minutes. Then add garlic and shallots and saute for another minute.
- Add mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next add in zucchini and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add peas and warm up for another minute.
- Pour in whisked eggs and lightly scramble until eggs are done to your liking.
- Divide onto plates and garnish with basil.
Thought the sauce was really good. You might be disappointed if you're expecting an alfredo sauce, but if you're looking for a light pasta dish with fresh flavors, this is a great recipe. Based on reviews, I did drain veggies before adding pasta which may have helped.0 Helpful
Wasn't much of a sauce here - even after draining off some of the liquid from the veggies, it came out runny. Finished with a bit of Parmesan and the flavors were fine. If I were to make again, I'd drain better and make a sauce separately.0 Helpful
Love it! Left out the peas because my husband and I don't like them, but added more mushrooms and zucchini0 Helpful
Pretty good, but I had to use the entire container of creme fraiche to make it creamy enough!0 Helpful
I was surprised we like this so much after reading the reviews before we made it. It was hardy and easy to make, but I did make a few adjustments. I added more creme fraiche than the recipe called for and also added parmesan cheese crushed red pepper. It was filling my husband went back for more.0 Helpful
It didn't quite get creamy for me - I think I'd need more sour cream. But overall, good meal!0 Helpful