with zucchini, mushrooms, basil, and peas
- Garlic - 3 cloves, sliced
- Shallots - 1 bulb, sliced
- Zucchini - 1 lb, sliced
- Mushrooms, brown - 1 lb, sliced
- Basil - 2 sprigs, sliced
- Gluten-free pasta (like linguine, penne) - 8 oz
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Peas - 1 cup
- Lemons - 1, zest of
- Creme fraiche (sub sour cream) - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. Ideally, pasta finishes at the same time that it needs to be added to the saute (step #6).
- Heat a saute pan (or a wok - I’ve started to do that recently since there is more room) over medium-high heat. Add butter and cooking oil and then garlic and shallots to melted butter with some salt. Saute for ~1 minute.
- Add mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next add in zucchini and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add peas and warm up for another minute.
- Fold in pasta, lemon zest, and creme fraiche. Toss to coat.
- Remove from heat and finish with lemon juice and then taste. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with basil.
Thought the sauce was really good. You might be disappointed if you're expecting an alfredo sauce, but if you're looking for a light pasta dish with fresh flavors, this is a great recipe. Based on reviews, I did drain veggies before adding pasta which may have helped.0 Helpful
Wasn't much of a sauce here - even after draining off some of the liquid from the veggies, it came out runny. Finished with a bit of Parmesan and the flavors were fine. If I were to make again, I'd drain better and make a sauce separately.0 Helpful
Love it! Left out the peas because my husband and I don't like them, but added more mushrooms and zucchini0 Helpful
Pretty good, but I had to use the entire container of creme fraiche to make it creamy enough!0 Helpful
I was surprised we like this so much after reading the reviews before we made it. It was hardy and easy to make, but I did make a few adjustments. I added more creme fraiche than the recipe called for and also added parmesan cheese crushed red pepper. It was filling my husband went back for more.0 Helpful
It didn't quite get creamy for me - I think I'd need more sour cream. But overall, good meal!0 Helpful