with zucchini, mushrooms, basil, and peas
Fettuccine with Zucchini, Mushrooms, and Peas:
- Garlic - 3 cloves , sliced
- Shallots - 1 bulb , sliced
- Zucchini - 1 lb , sliced
- Mushrooms, brown - 1 lb , sliced
- Basil - 2 sprigs , sliced
- Pasta, fettuccine - 8 oz
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Peas - 1 cup
- Lemons - 1 , zest of
- Creme fraiche (sub sour cream) - 4 Tbsp
- Lemon juice - 1 Tbsp
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. Ideally, pasta finishes at the same time that it needs to be added to the saute (step #6).
- Heat a saute pan (or a wok - I’ve started to do that recently since there is more room) over medium-high heat. Add butter and cooking oil and then garlic and shallots to melted butter with some salt. Saute for ~1 minute.
- Add mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt and saute for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Next add in zucchini and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add peas and warm up for another minute.
- Fold in pasta, lemon zest, and creme fraiche. Toss to coat.
- Remove from heat and finish with lemon juice and then taste. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with basil.