with fennel and green bean salad
- Salmon - 1 lb
- Basil - 2 Tbsp, finely chopped
- Panko - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 1
- Capers - 2 Tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Lettuce, butter - 4 leaves, for burger toppings
- Tomatoes, large - 1, sliced for burger
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Hamburger buns - 4
- Creme fraiche - 4 Tbsp
- Basil - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Fennel, small - 1/2 bulb, sliced
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Vinegar, red wine - 1 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Capers - 1 Tbsp
- Salmon - Rinse and dry. Use a knife to chop up the salmon meat.
- Basil (for burgers and salad) / Fennel / Green beans - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make patties - Combine salmon, panko, egg, basil (just the burger’s portion), capers, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Form into 3/4” (~2 cm) thick patties (1 patty / serving). The patty should feel quite wet, but if it feels too wet to hold together, add more panko. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Lettuce / Tomatoes - Prep burger toppings.
- Make vinaigrette - Whisk together red wine vinegar, mustard, and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Place trimmed green beans in a microwave-safe dish. Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until tender but still crunchy.
- Heat a non-stick pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil and then patties to heated oil. Sear on each side for 2 to 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium, cover pan with a lid or foil, and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or until patties feel firm to touch. Remove from heat and let rest.
- Toss fennel, green beans, capers, and basil with vinaigrette.
- Toast buns if desired and assemble salmon burgers with patties, creme fraiche, lettuce, tomatoes, and any other burger condiments you enjoy. Serve with green bean salad on the side.
So good - so flavorful0 Helpful
The salmon patties were excellent. The beans and fennel were something new and took a bit for me to get used to them. My girls wouldn't even try them as it was too far out of their norm, but they ate the salmon and enjoyed it.0 Helpful
Pretty good!0 Helpful
I made this with turkey instead of salmon because I'm allergic to fish. They turned out very good. I didn't add Dijon to the creme fraiche but put some on my bun as a condiment. Also enjoyed the green bean salad.0 Helpful
Wish we had added more capers to the burger.0 Helpful
So delicious! Loved the basil in it. And the side salad was so flavorful - loved the dressing.0 Helpful