Honey-Mustard Chicken Tacos
with corn and peach salsa
- Honey - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar, apple cider - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1/4 tsp
Honey-Mustard Chicken Tacos:
- Chicken breasts, boneless & skinless - 2 , halved
- Honey-mustard marinade - 3 Tbsp + 1 1/2 Tbsp ((Ingredients listed separately))
- Whole wheat tortillas, taco-sized - 8
Corn and Peach Salsa:
- Green onions - 1 stalk , chopped
- Corn - 2 cobs , kernels of
- Peaches - 2 , chopped
- Limes - 1 , juice of
- Coriander - 1/2 tsp
- Paprika - 1/2 tsp
- Make honey-mustard marinade - Mix together honey, Dijon, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, oil, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Marinate chicken - Halve chicken breasts, and place into a baking dish. Cover in first part of marinade and tenderize with a fork. Marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Green onions / Corn / Peaches - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make corn and peach salsa - You can eat the corn raw, but if you prefer to cook it, just microwave it for ~1 minute. Toss together green onions, corn, peaches, lime juice, coriander, and paprika. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Tortillas - Wrap in foil.
- If making chicken on the grill: Preheat grill to 500F (260C) degrees, keeping one part on higher heat and another part on lower heat. Clean grates and brush with some oil. Add chicken breast halves over direct heat. Sear on each side for ~3 minutes (keeping cover closed). Move to lower heat and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes (or until chicken is cooked through) with cover closed. Warm tortillas in the grill during the last 2 to 3 minutes.
- If making chicken on the stovetop: Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush pan with some oil and then add chicken to hot grill pan and sear for ~3 minutes on both sides. Lower heat and then cover with foil, cooking for another 2 to 3 minutes. Warm tortillas according to package instructions.
- Let chicken rest for ~5 minutes. Chop into bite-sized pieces and toss with second part of the marinade.
- Set out your taco bar of tortillas, chicken, and salsa and let everyone assemble their own tacos!