Tuna and Pancetta Salad with Leftover Grilled Veggies
topped with a fried egg
This meal was a part of our Italian vacation week last summer. Since the grilled veggies were already made last night, this meal will come together in a flash!
Tuna and Pancetta Salad with Leftover Grilled Veggies:
- Pancetta - 4 oz , diced
- Tuna, canned - 10 oz
- Garlic - 1 clove , minced
- Shallots - 1 Tbsp , diced
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 5 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Leftover roasted veggies - made from Tuesday night
- Leftover sun-dried tomato pesto - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 4
- Mixed greens - 8 oz
- Pancetta - Dice into 1/4” (0.6 cm) thick cubes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tuna - Open and drain.
- Vinaigrette - Mince garlic and dice shallots. Combine garlic and shallots with vinegar, mustard, and honey. Whisk in first part of cooking oil, and then season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Lightly warm up veggies and pesto in the microwave, ~30 seconds should do.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add second part of cooking oil and then pancetta to heated oil. Cook for ~5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Keep just ~2 Tbsp (30 mL) of fat in the pan. Return to medium heat and crack eggs into pan. Fry to your liking.
- Toss vinaigrette with tuna and mixed greens. Layer with leftover veggies, pancetta, and fried egg. Top fried egg with leftover pesto. Enjoy!