Tuna and Pancetta Salad with Leftover Grilled Veggies
topped with a fried egg
- Pancetta - 4 oz, diced
- Tuna, canned - 10 oz
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Shallots - 1 Tbsp, diced
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 1 Tbsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 5 Tbsp + 1 Tbsp
- Leftover roasted veggies - made from Tuesday night
- Leftover sun-dried tomato pesto - 1/2 cup
- Eggs - 4
- Mixed greens - 8 oz
- Pancetta - Dice into 1/4” (0.6 cm) thick cubes. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Tuna - Open and drain.
- Vinaigrette - Mince garlic and dice shallots. Combine garlic and shallots with vinegar, mustard, and honey. Whisk in first part of cooking oil, and then season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Lightly warm up veggies and pesto in the microwave, ~30 seconds should do.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add second part of cooking oil and then pancetta to heated oil. Cook for ~5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Keep just ~2 Tbsp (30 mL) of fat in the pan. Return to medium heat and crack eggs into pan. Fry to your liking.
- Toss vinaigrette with tuna and mixed greens. Layer with leftover veggies, pancetta, and fried egg. Top fried egg with leftover pesto. Enjoy!
I liked this meal, though I definitely did not get the right bread for paninis. It ended up little too crunchy which made it harder to eat.0 Helpful
Too hot to use the oven so made into a delish grilled veggie "Caprese" instead.0 Helpful
Great lunch!0 Helpful
Used mozzerella whips, filling & yummy.0 Helpful
Not impressed - fried meat and egg are good, but there was too much going on with this salad.0 Helpful
Quite delicious! Left out the pancetta and eggs as we felt like the tuna was enough.0 Helpful