Paninis with Leftover Grilled Veggies
with strawberry & mixed green salad
This meal was a part of our Italian vacation week last summer. Since the grilled veggies were already made last night, this meal will come together in a flash!
Paninis with Leftover Grilled Veggies:
- Fresh mozzarella - 8 oz
- Ciabbata roll - 1 ((Or get enough sandwich rolls for the amount of servings you're making))
- Leftover sun-dried tomato pesto - 1/2 cup
- Leftover roasted veggies - made from Tuesday night
Strawberry & Mixed Green Salad:
- Strawberries - 8 oz , chopped
- Garlic - 1 clove , minced
- Shallots - 1 Tbsp , diced
- Vinegar, balsamic - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Brown sugar - 1 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Mixed greens - 4 oz
- Mozzarella - Slice into 1/4” (0.6 cm) thick slices. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Assemble sandwiches - Slice open bread. Assemble sandwiches - our preference for maximum flavor is to have pesto spread on both slices of bread and then sandwiching roasted veggies / cheese / roasted veggies.
- Strawberries - Chop.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat oven to 375F (191C) degrees. Brush outside of sandwich with some oil if desired.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment or foil. Place assembled sandwiches on sheet pan and place another sheet pan on top of the sandwiches. Place something heavy, like a Dutch oven or a brick on top sheet pan to press sandwiches (this is the poor man’s panini-maker!). Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until cheese is melty and everything is warmed through.
- While paninis are baking, whisk together balsamic vinaigrette. Mince garlic and dice shallots. Combine garlic and shallots with balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Whisk in cooking oil, and then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When sandwiches are ready, toss balsamic vinaigrette with strawberries and mixed greens. Enjoy with warm paninis.