Soyrizo and Kale Soup
with valencia orange & mixed green salad
Valencia Orange and Mixed Green Salad:
- Shallots - 1/2 bulb , diced
- Sherry vinegar - 1 1/2 Tbsp ((Sub red wine vinegar))
- Cooking oil - 3 Tbsp
- Sweetener - 2 tsp ((Like sugar, honey, maple syrup))
- Valencia oranges - 3 , segmented
- Mixed greens - 4 oz
Soyrizo and Kale Soup:
- Onion - 1/2 , diced
- Kale - 1 bunch , leaves torn, stems chopped
- Carrots, medium - 2 , diced
- Zucchini - 2 , diced
- Parsley - 1/4 bunch , chopped
- Tomatoes - 2 , diced
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Soyrizo - 1/2 lb
- White wine - 1/4 cup
- Vegetable broth - 3 cups
- Lemon - 1/2 , juice of
- French baguette - 1/2
- Make vinaigrette - Dice shallots and place into a bowl. Add sherry (or red wine) vinegar and then whisk in oil. Season to taste with your choice of sweetener and / or salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Onions / Kale / Carrots / Zucchini / Parsley / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. (Can be done 3 days ahead)
- Heat a Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat. Add oil and then diced onions and kale stems to heated oil. Saute for ~3 minutes, until softened.
- Next add in soyrizo, carrots, and wine. Saute until the wine has mostly evaporated, ~4 minutes.
- Add in broth and zucchini and bring to a boil. Fold in kale leaves and simmer until carrots are tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- While soup is cooking, segment oranges. Toss vinaigrette with greens and oranges.
- Toss tomatoes into soup, finish with a squeeze of lemon juice, and garnish with parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy soup with torn up bread and valencia orange salad on the side.