Mediterannean Pasta Salad
with lentils, artichoke hearts, olives, and feta
Mediterannean Pasta Salad:
- Pasta, like fusilli or similar shape - 6 oz
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Artichoke hearts (15 oz / 425 g) - 1 can , drained and chopped
- Olives, black or green and pitted - 4 oz , sliced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1/2 pint , halved
- Lentils, French or green and cooked (look for vacuum-packed in the refrigerated section; otherwise canned) - 2 cups
- Italian seasonings - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 5 Tbsp
- Walnuts, crushed - 4 oz
- Feta - 3 oz
- Cook pasta - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Garlic / Parsley / Artichoke hearts / Olives - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Lentils - Drain and rinse.
- Make dressing - Whisk together garlic, parsley, Italian seasonings, red wine vinegar, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Toss dressing with pasta and lentils. Fold in artichoke hearts, olives, tomatoes, walnuts, and feta. If you have more parsley left, feel free to add more to the salad. Season to taste with salt and pepper.