Sweet Potato Hash with Leftover Mediterranean Chicken
with Mediterranean pesto
- Garlic - 1 clove, peeled
- Parsley leaves - 1/2 cup, loosely packed
- Artichoke hearts (15 oz / 425 g) - 1 can, drained
- Olives, black or green and pitted - 2 oz
- Walnuts - 2 oz
- Olive oil - 2 Tbsp
- Sweet potatoes - 1 1/2 lbs, diced into 1cm pieces
- Pancetta - 4 oz, diced
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp
- Eggs - 4
- Leftover Mediterranean Chicken - 3 cups
- Garlic / Parsley / Artichoke hearts / Olives - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Make Mediterranean Pesto - Combine garlic, parsley, artichoke hearts, olives, walnuts, and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Sweet potatoes / Pancetta - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Place sweet potatoes into a microwave-safe container and cover with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened.
- Heat a skillet or the largest non-stick pan you own over medium-high heat. Add first part of oil and then pancetta to heated oil. Saute for 4 to 5 minutes, until slightly crispy at the edges. Add in sweet potatoes and saute until sweet potatoes are fully cooked and tender. Remove from pan and toss with Mediterranean pesto while still warm.
- Return pan to medium-high heat. Add second part of oil and then crack eggs into pan. Cover with foil and cook until egg whites are set, 3 to 4 minutes.
- While eggs cook, warm up leftover chicken in the microwave.
- Assemble your hash by dividing sweet potatoes onto plates and layering with chicken and then fried egg. Enjoy!
delish!!! added cheddar cheese0 Helpful
This wasn't very exciting for me, but I think it's primarily because my tomatoes went bad before the end of the week, and the dish would have been helped out a lot by that brightness.0 Helpful
Very colorful0 Helpful
Blew my mind! I really didn't think I'd like this and I was positive my kids (1.5 and 4.5 yrs old) wouldn't touch it since the flavors are pretty bold... but everyone cleared their plates and had seconds. Really delicious, easy and quick, plus made enough for lunch tomorrow. Adding to favs! :)0 Helpful
Loved this. Got my olives and artichokes from the antipasto bar at the store, and used the oil they came in to make the dressing!0 Helpful