Pasta Salad with Leftover Mediterranean Chicken
with artichoke hearts, olives, and feta
- Gluten-free pasta, like penne or similar shape - 6 oz
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Artichoke hearts (15 oz / 425 g) - 1 can, drained and chopped
- Olives, black or green and pitted - 4 oz, sliced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1/2 pint, halved
- Italian seasonings - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 5 Tbsp
- Leftover Mediterranean Chicken - 3 cups
- Feta - 3 oz
- Cook pasta - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Garlic / Parsley / Artichoke hearts / Olives - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Make dressing - Whisk together garlic, parsley, Italian seasonings, red wine vinegar, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- If you want to serve your leftover chicken warm in the pasta salad, heat it up in a saucepan or microwave. If you’re worried about dryness, add a splash of chicken stock or water before warming.
- Toss dressing with pasta. Then fold in artichoke hearts, olives, chicken, tomatoes, and feta. If you have more parsley left, feel free to add more to the salad. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
delish!!! added cheddar cheese0 Helpful
This wasn't very exciting for me, but I think it's primarily because my tomatoes went bad before the end of the week, and the dish would have been helped out a lot by that brightness.0 Helpful
Very colorful0 Helpful
Blew my mind! I really didn't think I'd like this and I was positive my kids (1.5 and 4.5 yrs old) wouldn't touch it since the flavors are pretty bold... but everyone cleared their plates and had seconds. Really delicious, easy and quick, plus made enough for lunch tomorrow. Adding to favs! :)0 Helpful
Loved this. Got my olives and artichokes from the antipasto bar at the store, and used the oil they came in to make the dressing!0 Helpful