Pasta Salad with Leftover Mediterranean Chicken
with artichoke hearts, olives, and feta
This pasta salad comes together quickly with leftover chicken. Add in some classic Mediterranean flavors, and this will become your go-to summer potluck dish.
Pasta Salad with Leftover Mediterranean Chicken:
- Gluten-free pasta, like penne or similar shape - 6 oz
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Parsley - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Artichoke hearts (15 oz / 425 g) - 1 can , drained and chopped
- Olives, black or green and pitted - 4 oz , sliced
- Tomatoes, cherry or grape - 1/2 pint , halved
- Italian seasonings - 1 tsp
- Vinegar, red wine - 2 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 5 Tbsp
- Leftover Mediterranean Chicken - 3 cups
- Feta - 3 oz
- Cook pasta - Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Garlic / Parsley / Artichoke hearts / Olives - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Tomatoes - Prep as directed.
- Make dressing - Whisk together garlic, parsley, Italian seasonings, red wine vinegar, and cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- If you want to serve your leftover chicken warm in the pasta salad, heat it up in a saucepan or microwave. If you’re worried about dryness, add a splash of chicken stock or water before warming.
- Toss dressing with pasta. Then fold in artichoke hearts, olives, chicken, tomatoes, and feta. If you have more parsley left, feel free to add more to the salad. Season to taste with salt and pepper.