Asian-Style Ceviche with Salmon and Nectarines
with asian sesame asparagus saute
- Red onions, small - 1/2, diced
- Basil - 2 to 3 sprigs, leaves sliced
- Salmon, skinless - 1 lb, diced
- Lime juice - 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 2 Tbsp
- Cucumbers - 1/2 lb, diced
- Nectarines or peaches - 1/2 lb, diced
- Sesame seeds, white - 4 tsp
- Tortilla chips - for serving
- Asparagus - 1 lb, trimmed
- Sesame seeds, white - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 2 tsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 tsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 2 tsp
- Red onions / Basil - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make ceviche - Dice salmon. Mix together lime juice, soy sauce, and toasted sesame oil. Fold in salmon and red onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Cucumbers / Nectarines - Prep as directed.
- Asparagus - Snap off the ends.
- Heat a skillet or pan over medium heat. Toast sesame seeds (for both ceviche and asparagus) for 3 to 4 minutes, until fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- Return pan to medium-high heat and add cooking oil. Add asparagus and saute for 4 to 8 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Remove from pan and toss in soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, and asparagus’ portion of sesame seeds.
- Mix basil, cucumbers, nectarines, and rest of sesame seeds into ceviche. Season with salt, pepper, and more soy sauce as needed. Enjoy ceviche with tortilla chips and asparagus on the side!
I was kind of disappointed in this. I love ceviche, and salmon, and easy summer meals. But somehow, the flavors didn't come together as well as I thought they would. It wasn't bad, but I don't see making it again. Plus yet another meal with ridiculously small servings. I don't really consider 3 stalks of asparagus to be any sort of adequate side.0 Helpful
So fresh and flavorful. If you're planning leftovers, don't mix the fruit and veggies into the fish until you're ready to eat.0 Helpful
Delicious! We opted to cook our salmon first (just because the idea of a ceviche "un"cookedness gives me hibbee-geebees), but it still turned out awesome!! Will definitely make again.0 Helpful
got old, fast.0 Helpful
We were very surprised by how delicious this is.0 Helpful
OMG this is my favorite new recipe0 Helpful