Asian-Style Ceviche with Salmon and Nectarines
with asian sesame asparagus saute
- Red onions, small - 1/2 , diced
- Basil - 2 to 3 sprigs , leaves sliced
- Salmon, skinless - 1 lb , diced
- Lime juice - 1/2 cup
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 3 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 2 Tbsp
- Cucumbers - 1/2 lb , diced
- Nectarines or peaches - 1/2 lb , diced
- Sesame seeds, white - 4 tsp
- Tortilla chips - for serving
- Asparagus - 1 lb , trimmed
- Sesame seeds, white - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 2 tsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 tsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 2 tsp
Make ceviche - Dice salmon. Mix together lime juice, soy sauce, and toasted sesame oil. Fold in salmon and red onions. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
Cucumbers / Nectarines - Prep as directed.
Asparagus - Snap off the ends.
Return pan to medium-high heat and add cooking oil. Add asparagus and saute for 4 to 8 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Remove from pan and toss in soy sauce, toasted sesame oil, and asparagus’ portion of sesame seeds.
Mix basil, cucumbers, nectarines, and rest of sesame seeds into ceviche. Season with salt, pepper, and more soy sauce as needed. Enjoy ceviche with tortilla chips and asparagus on the side!