Pasta with Broccoli, White Beans and Fontinatoasted garlic butter breadcrumbs
This quick cheesy pasta is packed with healthy broccoli and white beans. Toasted garlic breadcrumbs add a delicious (and crunchy) finish!
- Broccoli - 1 1/4 lbs, chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- Cheese, fontina (sub provolone) - 4 oz, shredded
- Beans, cannellini or butter (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can, rinsed and drained
- Pasta, shells or fusilli - 6 oz
- Butter - 1 Tbsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Red pepper flakes - 1/2 tsp
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Broccoli - Chop into bite-sized pieces. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Garlic / Cheese - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Beans - Drain and rinse.
- Bring a saucepan of water to boil. Salt generously and add pasta. Cook until al dente, tender but not soggy. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add butter. When butter melts, add garlic and breadcrumbs and saute until breadcrumbs are golden and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper and add red pepper flakes (if using). Transfer breadcrumbs to a bowl.
- Return pan to heat and add oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add broccoli and saute until broccoli is bright green and crisp, ~4 minutes. Add beans and pasta and stir to warm everything through, ~1 minute. Add cheese and stir until cheese is melted and pasta is evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving plates and sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top. Enjoy!
This meal has 64 reviews
Soooo boring, even though I added pasta water, milk, butter, and a ton of gruyere cheese. I would say this might be good for kids.
Dug this out of the archive because I had leftover raclette I needed to use. Used matzo meal instead of panko because of allergies; meh - next time I'll skip it and sauté the garlic right in.
We used butter beans but we would use smaller beans next time.
Subbed in snap peas for the broccoli. I also had a grated combo of mozzarella & provolone, but it got gooey. I'll used a different cheese next time.
Next time more breadcrumbs <3