Pork Cutlets with Olive-Caper Sauce
lemony kale and fontina salad
- Olives, kalamata, pitted - 1/2 cup , finely chopped
- Capers - 2 Tbsp , rinsed and drained
- Pork tenderloin - 1 lb , sliced and pounded thin (sub boneless pork chops)
- Flour, all-purpose or whole wheat - 1/2 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, any type - 1 cup
- Lemons - 1 , zest and juice of
- Vinegar, apple cider - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard, dijon - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 1/4 cup
- Cucumbers, medium - 1 , chopped
- Cheese, fontina (sub provolone) - 2 oz , grated
- Dill, fresh - 1 Tbsp
- Kale, baby (sub large kale leaves, thinly sliced or arugula) - 5 oz
Make vinaigrette - Zest and juice lemons. Combine with vinegar, sugar, and mustard. Whisk while slowly adding oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Olives / Capers - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Cucumbers / Cheese / Dill - Prep as directed. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Pork - Slice into 3/4” (1.9 cm) thick cutlets. Place each cutlet between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a tenderizer until roughly half as thick. Season generously with some salt and pepper. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
Add dill to vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
Spread flour out in a baking dish or shallow bowl.
Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat and add oil. Let it heat until simmering. Working with one piece of pork at a time, coat it in flour (shaking off excess) and then transfer to heated pan.
Sear pork until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes on each side. (Do this in batches, adding more oil between each batch if needed.) Transfer pork to a plate and cover to keep warm.
Return skillet to heat and reduce to medium. Add stock and whisk to combine with any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil. Add olives and capers and continue boiling until sauce thickens, ~2 minutes.
Pour sauce over pork. Toss kale with cucumbers, cheese, and vinaigrette and top with some black pepper. Serve pork with salad on the side and enjoy!