Pork Cutlets with Olive-Caper Sauce
lemony kale and fontina salad
- Olives, kalamata, pitted - 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Capers - 2 Tbsp, rinsed and drained
- Pork tenderloin - 1 lb, sliced and pounded thin
- Flour, all-purpose or whole wheat - 1/2 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Stock, chicken or vegetable - 1 cup
- Lemons - 1, zest and juice of
- Vinegar, apple cider - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard, dijon - 1 tsp
- Oil, olive - 1/4 cup
- Cucumbers, medium - 1, chopped
- Cheese, fontina (sub provolone) - 2 oz, grated
- Dill, fresh - 1 Tbsp
- Kale, baby (sub large kale leaves, thinly sliced or arugula) - 5 oz
- Make vinaigrette - Zest and juice lemons. Combine with vinegar, sugar and mustard. Whisk while slowly adding oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Olives / Capers - Prep as directed and combine. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cucumbers / Cheese / Dill - Prep as directed. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Pork - Slice into 3/4” (1.9 cm) thick cutlets. Place each cutlet between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with a tenderizer until roughly half as thick. (Can be done 1 day ahead)
- Add dill to vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix flour with some salt and pepper. Coat pork with flour.
- Heat a skillet or saute pan over medium-high heat and add oil. When oil begins to shimmer, add pork. Sear until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Transfer pork to a plate and cover with foil so it stays warm.
- Return skillet to heat and reduce to medium. Add stock and whisk to combine with any browned bits on the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil. Add olives and capers and continue boiling until sauce thickens, ~2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pork. Toss kale with cucumbers, cheese and vinaigrette and top with a bit of black pepper. Serve pork with salad on the side and enjoy!
I don't like olives so I substituted in a tomato pesto sauce.0 Helpful
The pork cutlets were incredibly flavorful! Might replace the cheese in the salad w/ pecorino or something similar when I make this again.0 Helpful
Loved the olive-caper sauce, and I don't even like kalamata olives. Pork chops came out great, and they freeze well.0 Helpful
I really liked the olive caper sauce! I'm not really a fan of either olives or capers, but it worked really well with the pork.0 Helpful
Most tender pork chops my family has ever eaten. Loved the saltiness of the capers and olives.0 Helpful
The salad was my favorite part. Delicious.0 Helpful