Leftover Chicken Gyros
- Salad greens (crisp variety like butterhead or romaine preferred) - 3 oz, chopped
- Tomatoes - 2, chopped
- Onions, red - 1/2, thinly sliced
- Cheese, feta - 3 oz, crumbled
- Leftover chicken (from Mon) - ~1 lb
- Flat breads (like pita or lavash) - 4
- Cucumbers, medium - 1
- Garlic salt - 1/2 tsp
- Lemons, zest and juice - 1
- Yogurt, plain or Greek - 1 cup
- Olive oil - 2 tsp
- Tzatziki - Grate the cucumbers with a box grater. Combine cucumbers, garlic salt, lemon zest and juice, yogurt and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Salad greens / Tomatoes / Onions / Feta - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Prep chicken - If you haven’t already done so, roughly chop the leftover chicken from Monday’s dinner. (Can be done up to 2 days ahead)
- Reheat chicken in the microwave.
- Heat flat breads in microwave just until warm, ~10 seconds.
- Assemble gyros by topping flat breads with salad greens, chicken, tomatoes, onions and feta. Drizzle with tzatziki (or serve on the side for dipping) and enjoy!
These wraps are so good - we've made them once a week for a month!0 Helpful
I needed to add a baked sweet potato to add more carbs to this, but the salad turned out yummy.0 Helpful
Cheated a bit to use up other things I had - made wraps with veggie burger patties and hummus. Was tasty!0 Helpful
A little too much lemon. I grated cucumber then soaked up liquid with paper towel so it wouldn't water down the sauce. I wish I had made hummus on the side so it was more of a complete meal.0 Helpful
I am a distracted idiot and forgot to use the red onion and feta. Buy everything else I did "by the book" and it was delicious! Next time I'll try to use ALL the ingredients. :-)0 Helpful
The tzatziki was a bit too lemony.0 Helpful