Grilled Vegetable Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slawcorn and black bean salsa
- Leftover grilled vegetables (from Mon) - ~3 cups
- Tortillas (6" / 15 cm), corn or flour - 8
- Sriracha or hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Cilantro, fresh - 1/2 bunch, chopped
- Napa cabbage (sub coleslaw mix) - 4 oz, thinly sliced
- Limes, juice - 2
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Cilantro, fresh - 1/4 bunch, chopped
- Jalapeños - 1, seeds removed, chopped
- Corn kernels, frozen or fresh (1 ear corn = ~1 cup / 165 g) - 1 1/2 cups
- Black beans (1 can = 14 oz / 397 g) - 1 can, drained and rinsed
- Limes, juice - 1
- Rice vinegar - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 2 tsp
- Cilantro (for slaw and salsa) - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make corn salsa - Corn / Jalapenos - Prep as directed. Rinse and drain black beans. Combine corn, jalapenos, black beans, cilantro (just salsa's portion), lime juice, vinegar and cooking oil. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Dress slaw - Thinly slice cabbage. Toss with cilantro, lime juice, sugar and cooking oil. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Reheat leftover vegetables from Monday in the microwave. Cover tortillas with a slightly damp paper towel and warm in the microwave ~10 seconds.
- Assemble tacos by topping tortillas with vegetables, slaw and corn salsa. Finish with sriracha or other hot sauce if you like a little extra spice!
This meal has 54 reviews
Loved the salsa and slaw, but I think next time I'll use seasoned soy crumbles instead of the grilled veggies. Just didn't taste like a "taco."
I think it would have been better if the grocery list had worked properly. It left off the cabbage, so I didn't have the ingredient to make the slaw.
Made this while on vacation- simple and delicious!
Loved the slaw and salsa. Will use another white fish (not tilapia). Needs to broil 3-4 min on EACH side.
This was surprisingly tasty! I was worried it wouldn't be as good because there wasn't anything "creamy" (like sour cream) to hold it together, and the flavors seemed a little too simple, and the fish too deceptively straightforward to make....BUT somehow, it all came togther in a very flavorful way! I was relieved, because we were having people over for dinner, and they liked it! :)