Spiced Tilapia Fillets
Smarts: If you have a food processor with a shredder attachment, use it for extra-quick slaw prep. This video will teach you how to use it.
- Tilapia (sub cod or other white fish) - 4 fillets
- Cumin, ground - 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Hot sauce (opt) - for serving
- Napa cabbage (sub coleslaw mix) - 4 oz, thinly sliced
- Carrots, medium - 2, grated / shredded
- Cucumbers, medium - 1, matchsticks
- Radishes - 5, thinly sliced
- Jalapenos - 1, seeds removed, chopped
- Cilantro, fresh - 1/2 bunch, chopped
- Limes, juice - 2
- Honey - 1 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 1/4 cup
- Pumpkin seeds (pepita) - 1/2 cup
- Turn on your oven’s broiler and place an oven rack about 6 inches (15 cm) below it. Line broiler pan with foil and brush with cooking oil. Place tilapia on foil skin-side down and broil until cooked through ~3 to 4 minutes (more or less depending on the thickness of the fish). Watch it closely near the end to make sure it doesn't overcook.
- While fish is cooking, toss slaw and drain any extra liquid from the bottom of the bowl. Season with some salt and pepper. Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over top.
- Serve tilapia over confetti slaw. Finish with hot sauce if you like a little extra spice!
just ok. nothing special.0 Helpful
Loved the salsa and slaw, but I think next time I'll use seasoned soy crumbles instead of the grilled veggies. Just didn't taste like a "taco."0 Helpful
I think it would have been better if the grocery list had worked properly. It left off the cabbage, so I didn't have the ingredient to make the slaw.0 Helpful
Made this while on vacation- simple and delicious!0 Helpful
Loved the slaw and salsa. Will use another white fish (not tilapia). Needs to broil 3-4 min on EACH side.0 Helpful