Miso-Sesame Chicken & Zucchiniwith miso-sesame slaw
This miso-sesame sauce will become your go-to grilling sauce this summer. Use it on everything you're grilling up but start with chicken, zucchini, and dressing slaw for this meal!
- Chicken thighs, boneless & skinless - 1 1/2 lbs
- Zucchini - 1 lb, sliced lengthwise
- Miso-sesame sauce, homemade - 5 Tbsp ((ingredients listed separately))
- Limes - 1/2, sliced into wedges
- Sesame seeds - for serving
- Sesame seeds - 1 Tbsp, toasted
- Miso paste, any type - 2 Tbsp
- Rice vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Honey - 4 tsp
- Hot sauce - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Toasted sesame oil - 4 tsp
- Coleslaw mix (or any slaw mix) - 6 oz
- Miso-sesame sauce - 5 Tbsp ((ingredients listed separately))
- Chicken - Season with salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Zucchini - Slice lengthwise into ½” thick pieces.
- Make miso-sesame sauce - Toast sesame seeds in a frying pan over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes, until golden and fragrant. Mix sesame seeds with miso, rice vinegar, lime juice, honey, hot sauce, cooking oil, and toasted sesame oil. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Toss slaw’s portion of the miso-sesame sauce with coleslaw mix. Cover and refrigerate.
- If cooking chicken & zucchini on grill: Preheat grill to 450F (232C) degrees. Clean grates and brush with some oil. Place chicken and zucchini over direct heat. Grill chicken & zucchini on both sides for ~3 minutes each, with the cover closed (rotate once on each side to create more grill marks). Remove zucchini from the grill and move chicken to indirect heat. Brush zucchini with some of the miso-sesame sauce and brush remainder onto chicken. Cook chicken with the cover closed for another 3 to 5 minutes, until chicken reaches 165F (74C).
- If cooking chicken & zucchini on stovetop: Heat grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Brush with some cooking oil. Place chicken and zucchini onto hot grill pan and sear on both sides for 3 to 4 minutes each, rotating once to create more grill marks. Remove zucchini from pan. Brush zucchini with some of the miso-sesame sauce. Lower heat and cover chicken with foil. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes. Brush remainder of sauce onto chicken and cook for another minute on each side.
- Enjoy grilled chicken and zucchini with slaw and lime wedges! Sprinkle chicken and zucchini with more sesame seeds if desired.
This meal has 47 reviews
Really good! All the ingredients came together really well.
Hubby LOVED this, though kids were not a fan.
I stir fried instead of grilled and added cauliflower. Delicious. This sauce is going into rotation!
The slaw was great, double the sauce, thicken the part for chicken...use something other than breast
Next time, I'll make more sauce for the chicken. The slaw was excellent.
Oh my gosh! Amazing meal! The hot sauce makes it the perfect amount of sweet and spicy