Mediterranean Meatballs Salad
tomatoes / olives / cucumbers / baby spinach
Mediterranean Meatballs Salad:
- Parsley, fresh - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Shallots - 1 bulb , sliced thinly
- Sundried tomatoes - 4 , chopped finely
- Olives, pitted and sliced - 4 oz
- Ground chicken - 1 1/4 lb
- Almond meal - 1/4 cup ((more if meatball mixture is too wet))
- Garlic powder - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Salt - 3/4 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Tomatoes - 2 , chopped
- Cucumbers - 1/2 lb , chopped
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp + 4 Tbsp
- Chicken stock - 1/2 cup
- Oregano, dried - 1/2 tsp
- Red wine vinegar - 2 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- Baby spinach - 8 oz
- Walnuts - 4 oz
- Parsley / Shallots / Sundried tomatoes / Olives - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Make meatballs - Mix chopped parsley (just amount for meatballs) with ground chicken, almond meal, sundried tomatoes, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Form into 1” (2.5 cm) wide meatballs. If the mixture is too dry to mold, add an egg (not listed in ingredients). If it’s too wet, add more almond meal. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Tomatoes / Cucumbers - Prep as directed.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add first part of cooking oil and then meatballs to heated oil. Sear on both sides for 3 minutes each.
- Lower heat to medium, and add chicken stock. Cover pan with lid or foil and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes, until meatballs are done.
- While meatballs cook, make vinaigrette. Whisk together oregano, red wine vinegar, mustard, and second part of cooking oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When meatballs are done, halve. Toss vinaigrette with shallots, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, and walnuts. Top with meatballs and parsley.