Maple-Dijon Panko Portobellos
peach & corn salad with queso fresco
These panko crusted portobello mushrooms have been one of our community's favorites and we're bringing it back with a summer salad!
Smarts: If you don't want to heat up your oven, just fire up your grill. Place portobellos onto foil and bake using same instructions.
- Parsley - 3 sprigs, chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 tsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms, portobello - 4, stems removed
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Shallots - 1 bulb, sliced
- Corn - 2 cobs, kernels of
- Peaches - 2, sliced
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 4 Tbsp
- Mixed greens or baby spinach - 5 oz
- Almonds, sliced or slivered - 2 oz
- Queso fresco - 3 oz, crumbled
- Crust - Chop parsley. Melt butter in the microwave (~1 minute should do). Mix butter with Dijon, maple syrup, soy sauce, panko, and parsley. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Shallots - Slice. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Corn - Husk and shave off corn kernels. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Peaches - Slice.
- Preheat oven to 425F (218C) degrees.
- Line sheet pan with foil and brush with some cooking oil. Place portobellos top-side down and then divide and spoon crust onto mushrooms. Bake for 10 to 14 minutes.
- While portobellos are cooking, whisk together vinegars, maple syrup, and oil. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- When portobellos are ready, toss vinaigrette with greens, shallots, corn kernels, peaches, nuts, and queso fresco. Enjoy together!
Really fresh sallad mix and salmon was great0 Helpful
I think next time for the vegetarian version with mushrooms we plan to add a bit of parmesan cheese. Other than that it was very yummy!0 Helpful
Used tilapia because that's what we had. Good!0 Helpful
Really liked the salmon and queso fresco (who knew)! Didn't really notice the taste of the breading too much though and was not super impressed by the dressing, but over all good.0 Helpful
One of our favorites!! Everything was amazing. Used goat cheese for the salad instead because I had it on hand.0 Helpful
I love the crunchy-maple dijon coating on the salmon! It's sooooo good. I also love the idea of peaches in a salad. The peaches I bought were super sweet and just perfect. I didn't end up making the salad dressing but honestly, the salad was good without.0 Helpful