Maple-Dijon Panko Salmon
peach & corn salad with queso fresco
- Salmon - 1 1/4 lbs
- Parsley - 3 sprigs, chopped
- Butter - 3 Tbsp
- Mustard, Dijon - 2 1/2 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1 tsp
- Panko breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Shallots - 1 bulb, sliced
- Corn - 2 cobs, kernels of
- Peaches - 2, sliced
- Apple cider vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Red wine vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Maple syrup - 2 tsp
- Cooking oil - 4 Tbsp
- Mixed greens or baby spinach - 5 oz
- Almonds, sliced or slivered - 2 oz
- Queso fresco - 3 oz, crumbled
- Salmon - Divide fish up into 4 servings. Rinse and dry fish. Lightly salt and pepper.
- Crust - Chop parsley. Melt butter in the microwave (~1 minute should do). Mix butter with Dijon, maple syrup, soy sauce, panko, and parsley. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Shallots - Slice. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Corn - Husk and shave off corn kernels. (Can be done up to 4 days ahead)
- Peaches - Slice.
- Preheat oven to 425F (218C) degrees.
- Line sheet pan with foil and brush with some cooking oil. Add salmon and then divide and spoon crust onto fish. Bake for 12 to 16 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, whisk together vinegars, maple syrup, and oil. Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- When salmon is ready, toss vinaigrette with greens, shallots, corn kernels, peaches, nuts, and queso fresco. Enjoy together!
Liked the flavors ok, but a little sweet, with salmon already being a sweet fish. Also, you definitely want to switch to broil with a few minutes left. Breading was fairly moist and spongy. Broiled low temp (450) for as long as I dared to not overcook the salmon. That got it crisped on top, but it was still a little soggy. Skipped the salad, had some asparagus we needed to use.0 Helpful
Really fresh sallad mix and salmon was great0 Helpful
I think next time for the vegetarian version with mushrooms we plan to add a bit of parmesan cheese. Other than that it was very yummy!0 Helpful
Used tilapia because that's what we had. Good!0 Helpful
Really liked the salmon and queso fresco (who knew)! Didn't really notice the taste of the breading too much though and was not super impressed by the dressing, but over all good.0 Helpful
One of our favorites!! Everything was amazing. Used goat cheese for the salad instead because I had it on hand.0 Helpful