Maple-Mustard Grilled Chicken Breasts
with quinoa tabouleh
Maple syrup, mustard, and a splash of vinegar liven up chicken breasts with sweetness, sharpness, and tartness all at the same time. We pair it with a quinoa tabouleh, that pairs bright and zesty parsley and lemon juice with a medley of colorful summery vegetables.
Grilled Chicken Breasts:
- Chicken breasts - 2 , halved
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- White wine vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Mayonnaise - 2 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Quinoa - 1 cup , uncooked
- Cherry tomatoes - 1/2 pint , halved
- Cucumbers - 1/2 lb , diced
- Parsley - 1 bunch , chopped
- Garbanzo beans (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can , rinsed
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Pine nuts - 1/4 cup
- Quinoa - If made yesterday, you're done! Otherwise combine quinoa with 1 3/4 cups (411 ml) of water. Add in a generous dash of salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Tomatoes / Cucumbers / Parsley / Chickpeas - Prep as directed
- Chicken - Halve and then season & tenderize with salt & pepper.
- Sauce - Whisk together syrup, mustard, vinegar, and mayo with a pinch of salt.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush with cooking oil, and then add chicken pieces. Sear on both sides for 3 minutes.
- Separate out half of the sauce and brush onto chicken breasts, lower heat to medium, cover with foil, and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, until chicken reaches 165F (74C) degrees. Serve with remainder of sauce.
- Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt.
- Toss tabouleh ingredients together and season to taste with salt and pepper.