Maple-Mustard Grilled Chicken Breasts
with quinoa tabouleh
- Chicken breasts - 2, halved
- Maple syrup - 1 Tbsp
- Dijon mustard - 2 tsp
- White wine vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Mayonnaise - 2 Tbsp
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Quinoa - 1 cup, uncooked
- Cherry tomatoes - 1/2 pint, halved
- Cucumbers - 1/2 lb, diced
- Parsley - 1 bunch, chopped
- Garbanzo beans (14 oz / 397 g can) - 1 can, rinsed
- Lemon juice - 2 Tbsp
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Pine nuts - 1/4 cup
- Quinoa - If made yesterday, you're done! Otherwise combine quinoa with 1 3/4 cups (411 ml) of water. Add in a generous dash of salt. Bring to a boil covered. Lower heat, keep covered, and cook until liquid is absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Tomatoes / Cucumbers / Parsley / Chickpeas - Prep as directed
- Chicken - Halve and then season & tenderize with salt & pepper.
- Sauce - Whisk together syrup, mustard, vinegar, and mayo with a pinch of salt.
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush with cooking oil, and then add chicken pieces. Sear on both sides for 3 minutes.
- Separate out half of the sauce and brush onto chicken breasts, lower heat to medium, cover with foil, and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, until chicken reaches 165F (74C) degrees. Serve with remainder of sauce.
- Whisk together lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt.
- Toss tabouleh ingredients together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
not as flavorful as we would have liked0 Helpful
added another table spoon of lemon juice for more tart in the side dish0 Helpful
I didn't make the tabouleh but the chicken was delicious!0 Helpful
I made the vegetarian version and used broiled tofu in place of the seitan. The mustard sauce was ok but it tasted as strange as it sounded. I thought the variety of ingredients might turn into a complex sauce but it didn't work too well with the tofu. Maybe it would have been fine if used as a marinade instead of a sauce. The tabouleh was plain and bland. I cook a LOT. This is the first recipe I've made from this site and I was not impressed. It was quicker and easier than I'm used to but lacking in flavor.0 Helpful
Terrific sauce! Made the quinoa then sauteed up some mushrooms in the skillet where I cooked the chicken, then threw the quinoa in there as well with a little olive oil and seasonings. (I don't care for tablouleh.) Very very good!0 Helpful
Made the vegetarian version. Loved the maple-mustard sauce!0 Helpful