Chicken Cutlets with Tomato-Herb Pan Sauce
- Lima beans, fresh or frozen (sub peas) - 2 cups
- Onions, red - 1/2 , chopped
- Corn kernels, frozen or fresh (1 ear corn = ~1 cup / 165 g) - 2 cups
- Mint, fresh - 1/2 bunch
- Water - 3 Tbsp
- Butter, unsalted - 2 Tbsp
- Lemons - 1/2 , juice
Chicken Cutlets with Tomato-Herb Pan Sauce:
- Tomatoes, cherry - 1 pint , halved
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Basil leaves - 1/4 cup , minced
- Butter, unsalted - 3 Tbsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Chicken breasts, boneless and skinless - 1 lb
- Flour, all-purpose or whole wheat - 1/3 cup
- Defrost lima beans if using frozen.
- Onions/ Corn / Tomatoes - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Make herb butter - Garlic / Basil - Prep as directed. Heat butter in the microwave just until softened and starting to melt. Combine butter with garlic, basil, paprika, salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Chicken breasts - Slice into strips. Season with some salt and pepper and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Mint - Finely chop.
- In a saucepan, combine lima beans, water and butter. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until lima beans are tender (~10 minutes for fresh and ~5 minutes for frozen). Remove the cover and continue cooking until excess water has cooked off. Add onions and corn and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until corn is tender, ~3 minutes. Add mint and a squeeze of lemon. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside, covered.
- While the succotash is cooking, toss chicken in flour (in a mixing bowl or plastic bag). Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the herb butter to the hot pan. Cook chicken until it's no longer pink or to 165F / 74C, ~4 minutes on each side (depending on thickness). Transfer to serving dish.
- Increase heat to high, and add add remaining herb butter and tomatoes to pan. Saute until tomatoes begin to blacken in spots, ~4 minutes. Enjoy chicken with tomatoes over top and succotash on the side!