Sweet and Spicy Zoodles with Shrimp
carrots / snap peas
Sweet and Spicy Zoodles with Shrimp:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 1/2 lbs
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Bragg's / coconut aminos - 1/3 cup
- Sunflower seed butter - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, rice - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Red pepper flakes (opt) - 1 tsp
- Water - 4 Tbsp
- Snap peas (also called Sugar snap peas) - 12 oz , trimmed
- Limes - 1 , half sliced into wedges / half juice
- Carrots - 2
- Zucchini - 3
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, pat dry, and season with some salt and pepper.
- Make sauce - Mince garlic. Whisk together garlic, aminos, sunflower seed butter, vinegar, sesame oil, red pepper flakes and water. Taste; if it’s too salty, add more water. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Snap peas / Limes - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Carrots / Zucchinis - Turn into 'noodles' with a spiralizer or form ribbons with a peeler. Transfer to a colander and sprinkle with salt to release moisture.
- Heat a saute pan or wok over high heat. Add oil. When oil begins to shimmer add snap peas and carrots. Saute until carrots begin to soften, ~1 minute. Add zucchini and shrimp and saute until zucchini is tender and shrimp is opaque, ~3 to 4 minutes (depending on size). Add sauce and cook until it begins to simmer and thicken, ~2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lime juice over stir-fry and serve with extra lime wedges on the side.