Peanut Noodles with Shrimp
carrots / snap peas
Hoisin Noodles with Shrimp:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Tamari - 1/3 cup
- Peanut butter, creamy or chunky - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Sriracha (opt) - 1 tsp
- Water - 4 Tbsp
- Snap peas (also called Sugar snap peas) - 6 oz , trimmed
- Peanuts, roasted - 1/2 cup , chopped
- Limes - 1 , half sliced into wedges / half juice
- Carrots - 2
- Rice noodles (sub soba or gluten-free angel hair) - 6 oz
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, pat dry, and season with some salt and pepper.
- Make sauce - Mince garlic. Whisk together garlic, tamari, peanut butter, vinegar, sesame oil, Sriracha (if using) and water. Taste; if it’s too salty, add more water or a pinch of sugar. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Snap peas / Peanuts / Limes - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Carrots - Grate using a box grater or make 'noodles' with a spiralizer. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Heat a saute pan or wok over high heat. Add oil. When oil begins to shimmer add snap peas and carrots. Saute until carrots begin to soften, ~1 minute. Add shrimp and saute until shrimp is opaque, ~3 to 4 minutes (depending on size). Add sauce and cook until it begins to simmer and thicken, ~2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add noodles, tossing to coat. Top with peanuts and a squeeze of lime juice. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side!