Hoisin Noodles with Shrimp
carrots / snap peas
Just about anything would be great in this sweet and savory sauce, but we particularly love it tossed with shrimp, noodles and crisp snap peas!
Hoisin Noodles with Shrimp:
- Shrimp, peeled and deveined - 1 lb
- Garlic - 1 clove
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 1/4 cup
- Hoisin sauce - 1/4 cup
- Peanut butter, creamy or chunky - 1 Tbsp
- Vinegar, rice - 2 tsp
- Oil, toasted sesame - 1 tsp
- Sriracha (opt) - 1 tsp
- Water - 2 Tbsp
- Snap peas (also called Sugar snap peas) - 6 oz , trimmed
- Peanuts, roasted - 1/2 cup , chopped
- Limes - 1 , half sliced into wedges / half juice
- Carrots - 2
- Rice noodles (sub soba) - 6 oz
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Shrimp - Defrost, pat dry, and season with some salt and pepper.
- Make sauce - Mince garlic. Whisk together garlic, soy sauce, Hoisin, peanut butter, vinegar, sesame oil, Sriracha (if using) and water. Taste; if it’s too salty, add more water; if it's too sweet, add more soy sauce. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Snap peas / Peanuts / Limes - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Carrots - Grate using a box grater or make 'noodles' with a spiralizer. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Heat a saute pan or wok over high heat. Add oil. When oil begins to shimmer add snap peas and carrots. Saute until carrots begin to soften, ~1 minute. Add shrimp and saute until shrimp is opaque, ~3 to 4 minutes (depending on size). Add sauce and cook until it begins to simmer and thicken, ~2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and add noodles, tossing to coat. Top with peanuts and a squeeze of lime juice. Serve with extra lime wedges on the side!