Pork Chops with Caribbean Rub and Mango Salsa
lemony green beans
- Chili powder - 1 Tbsp
- Smoked paprika (sub Paprika) - 1 Tbsp
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Cumin, ground - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Pork chops, bone-in or out - 4
- Cooking oil - 1 Tbsp
- Bell peppers, red - 1/2, finely chopped
- Red onions - 1/4, finely chopped
- Mangos - 2, chopped
- Rice vinegar - 2 tsp
- Green beans - 1 lb, trimmed
- Lemons - 1, zest and juice
- Make spice mix - Combine chili powder, paprika, coriander, cumin, sugar, salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Red Onions / Green beans / Lemons - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Season pork chops - Tenderize with a fork. Rub all sides with spice mix. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead) Take pork out of fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Make salsa - Cube mangos. Combine bell peppers, red onions, mangos and vinegar.
- If cooking pork on grill: Preheat grill to 500F (260C) degrees to get the grates nice and hot. Once grill hits 500F (260C), turn down the burners on one part of the grill, and add pork chops to the hottest part of the grill. Grill pork chops on each side for 3 minutes and then move them to the part of the grill with lower heat. Close cover and cook pork chops for another 3 to 8 minutes (depends on thickness), until they reach 145F (63C) degrees.
- If cooking pork on stovetop: Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil. Add pork chops to the pan and sear on both sides for 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium, cover with foil and cook for another 3 to 6 minutes (depends on thickness), until they reach 145F (63C) degrees.
- Place green beans in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave until tender (1 ½ minutes for thinner beans and closer to 2 ½ minutes for thicker beans). Toss with lemon zest and juice and season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Serve pork chops with mango salsa over top and green beans on the side!
It was great!!!!! Even if I used store bought sala.0 Helpful
Pork chops and salsa are delicious! Can do without green beans.0 Helpful
Delicious, added some jalepano to the salsa and couscous on the side.0 Helpful
Salsa needed a bit more flavor but nice easy tasty meal. Kids liked veggies0 Helpful
Straight to the top of our favorites list!0 Helpful
I made the pork chops and the salsa. I omitted the onions because we are not huge raw onion fans. I also added a little less chili powder. I didn't want it to be too spicy for the kids. Everything was DELICIOUS! It was so good my oldest son (13) asked me to make it again next week. The mango salsa added a great flavor to the pork.0 Helpful