Pork Chops with Caribbean Rub and Mango Salsa
lemony green beans
A quick Caribbean-inspired rub gives juicy pork chops a boost of flavor. Sweet, tangy salsa and lemony green beans round out this satisfying summer meal!
Pork Chops with Caribbean Rub:
- Chili powder - 1 Tbsp
- Paprika, smoked - 1 Tbsp (sub paprika)
- Coriander, ground - 1 tsp
- Cumin, ground - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Pork chops, boneless or bone-in - 4
- Oil, cooking - 1 Tbsp
- Bell peppers, red - 1/2 , finely chopped
- Onions, medium and red - 1/4 , finely chopped
- Mangos - 2 , chopped
- Vinegar, rice - 2 tsp
Lemony Green Beans:
- Green beans - 1 lb , trimmed
- Lemons - 1 , zest and juice
- Make spice mix - Combine chili powder, paprika, coriander, cumin, sugar, salt and pepper. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Bell peppers / Red Onions / Green beans / Lemons - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Season pork chops - Tenderize with a fork. Rub all sides with spice mix. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead) Take pork out of fridge 30 minutes before cooking.
- Make salsa - Cube mangos. Combine bell peppers, red onions, mangos and vinegar.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- If cooking pork on grill: Preheat grill to 500F (260C) degrees to get the grates nice and hot. Once grill hits 500F (260C), turn down the burners on one part of the grill, and add pork chops to the hottest part of the grill. Grill pork chops on each side for 3 minutes and then move them to the part of the grill with lower heat. Close cover and cook pork chops for another 3 to 8 minutes (depends on thickness), until they reach 145F (63C) degrees.
- If cooking pork on stovetop: Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add cooking oil. Add pork chops to the pan and sear on both sides for 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium, cover with foil and cook for another 3 to 6 minutes (depends on thickness), until they reach 145F (63C) degrees.
- Place green beans in a microwave safe bowl. Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave until tender (1 ½ minutes for thinner beans and closer to 2 ½ minutes for thicker beans). Toss with lemon zest and juice and season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Serve pork chops with mango salsa over top and green beans on the side!