Chicken Stir-Fry Lettuce Wraps
snap peas / roasted peanuts
Lettuce wraps rank high on our list of fun dinners. Fill crisp lettuce leaves with an Asian-inspired chicken filling that the whole family will enjoy. Sprinkle spicy chili peppers over the top if you like extra heat!
- Onions - 1 , finely chopped
- Bell peppers, red - 1/2 , finely chopped
- Snap peas (also called Sugar snap peas) - 4 oz , trimmed and finely chopped
- Peanuts, roasted - 1/2 cup , chopped
- Peppers, Thai chilis (opt) - 1 , thinly sliced
- Lettuce, romaine - 2 hearts (sub Boston lettuce leaves)
- Mint, fresh - 2 Tbsp , chopped
- Oil, cooking - 2 Tbsp
- Chicken, ground - 1 1/2 lbs
- Limes - 1/2 , juice
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves , chopped
- Water - 3 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 Tbsp
- Hoisin sauce - 1/4 cup
- Vinegar, rice - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha (opt) - 2 tsp
- Cornstarch - 1 tsp
Make sauce - Grate ginger and chop garlic. Whisk together ginger, garlic, water, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, vinegar, Sriracha (if using) and cornstarch. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
Onions / Bell peppers / Snap peas / Peanuts / Thai chili peppers (if using) - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Romaine - Slice off stems and separate leaves for wraps.
Mint - Prep as directed.
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
Heat a saute pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil. When oil begins to shimmer add onions, bell peppers and snap peas. Saute until onions begin to soften ~3 minutes. Add chicken and saute until cooked through ~5 minutes. Carefully pour out any excess liquid from the pan and return to heat. Add sauce and cook until sauce coats chicken and thickens ~3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and mint.
Serve lettuce, chicken, peanuts and Thai chilis (if using) in individual bowls so you can assemble at the dinner table. Top each lettuce leaf with a generous spoonful of filling, peanuts and chilis and enjoy!