Chicken Stir-Fry Lettuce Wraps
snap peas / roasted peanuts
- Onions - 1, finely chopped
- Bell peppers, red - 1/2, finely chopped
- Snap peas (also called Sugar snap peas) - 4 oz, trimmed and finely chopped
- Peanuts, roasted - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Peppers, Thai chilis (opt) - 1, thinly sliced
- Romaine hearts (sub Boston lettuce leaves) - 2 heads
- Mint, fresh - 2 Tbsp, chopped
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp
- Chicken, ground - 1 1/2 lbs
- Limes - 1/2, juice
- Ginger, fresh - 2 tsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped
- Water - 3 Tbsp
- Soy sauce, low-sodium - 2 Tbsp
- Hoisin sauce - 1/4 cup
- Rice vinegar - 1 Tbsp
- Sriracha (opt) - 2 tsp
- Cornstarch - 1 tsp
- Make sauce - Grate ginger and chop garlic. Whisk together ginger, garlic, water, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, vinegar, Sriracha (if using) and cornstarch. (Can be done up to 5 days ahead)
- Onions / Bell peppers / Snap peas / Peanuts / Thai chili peppers (if using) - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
- Romaine - Slice off stems and separate leaves for wraps.
- Mint - Prep as directed.
- Heat a saute pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add oil. When oil begins to shimmer add onions, bell peppers and snap peas. Saute until onions begin to soften ~3 minutes. Add chicken and saute until cooked through ~5 minutes. Carefully pour out any excess liquid from the pan and return to heat. Add sauce and cook until sauce coats chicken and thickens ~3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and mint.
- Serve lettuce, chicken, peanuts and Thai chilis (if using) in individual bowls so you can assemble at the dinner table. Top each lettuce leaf with a generous spoonful of filling, peanuts and chilis and enjoy!
This was good!0 Helpful
These are the best lettuce wraps I’ve ever had! So easy to make and even my 3 and 4yr olds ate!0 Helpful
Tasty, but so messy in a lettuce cup! We ended up submitting to the extra calories and using tortillas after the first few bites.0 Helpful
So good! I’d add a pot of rice to really round this out.0 Helpful
This was good, but needed a dipping sauce. Not as tasty as the NY Times Turkey Lettuce wrap0 Helpful
This is good -- very similar to a recipe I make from Damn Delicious. But this one has a bit more veggies and herbs.0 Helpful