Chicken Fajita Bowl
bell peppers / zucchini
Enjoy even more Latin flavors this week with our simple fajita bowl and put your spice collection to delicious use!
Chicken Fajita Bowl:
- Coriander - 1 tsp
- Paprika - 1 tsp
- Cumin - 1/2 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Chicken breasts - 1 lb , sliced
- Red onion - 1 , sliced
- Zucchini - 1 lb , sliced
- Bell peppers, any combo - 1 lb , sliced
- Garlic - 2 cloves , minced
- Cilantro - 1/4 bunch , chopped
- Cooking oil - 2 Tbsp
- Lime - 1/2 , juice of
- Spice mix - Mix together coriander, paprika, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- Chicken - Slice. Toss with spice mix and tenderize with a fork. (Can be done up to 1 day ahead)
- Onions / Zucchini / Peppers / Garlic / Cilantro - Prep as directed. (Can be done up to 3 days ahead)
Unlock this meal along with hundreds of smart meal plans and never stress about "What's for dinner?" againTry for free
- Heat a saute pan or a wok (I find the high walls of a wok to work very well for fajita cooking) over medium-high heat. Add in cooking oil and then chicken to heated oil and saute until golden on the outside, ~3 minutes. Use tongs to remove chicken from pan, leaving oil (and all those yummy spices) in the pan. Set chicken aside (does not have to be cooked through at this point).
- Add onions to the pan and saute until softened and translucent, ~3 minutes. Toss in zucchini and saute for ~2 minutes before adding in peppers and garlic. Cook for another 3 minutes. Add chicken (and all its juices) back into the pan. Toss through and cook until chicken is done (you might just have to slice through to check).
- Remove from heat and finish with lime juice. Toss with cilantro and season to taste with salt, pepper, and / or hot sauce. Enjoy!